I am representing Global Rights that seeks a Director of Finance (D of F) to oversee and manage the organization’s financial operations globally, based at its headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Position Title: Director of Finance
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: immediate
Founded in 1978, Global Rights is an international human rights capacity-building organization that works side by side with local activists in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to promote and protect the rights of marginalized populations. Through broad-based technical assistance and training, Global Rights strengthens partners to document and expose human rights abuses, conduct community outreach and mobilization, advocate for legal and policy reform, and provide legal and paralegal services. Global Rights headquarters in Washington, D.C. oversees our network of six field offices, located in Afghanistan, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Morocco, Nepal, and Nigeria. Through them, we also run regional programs in the Maghreb, focusing on Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia, and Latin America, with a focus on Brazil and Colombia
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance, a senior manager within Global Rights, is the principal official responsible for all of Global Rights’ financial planning, budgeting, procurement and reporting. The D of F is responsible for leading the organization’s finance staff, developing the finance department’s vision, and overseeing the financial management of Global Rights’ operations worldwide.
S/he serves as a member of the senior Management Team, which provides overall strategic leadership to the organization. By the nature of this position, the D of F works collaboratively with every department head in the Global Rights headquarters and with all Global Rights field office leadership and finance staff.
Key Duties will Include
Coordinate and direct all financial planning, budgeting and procurement activities, manage financial operations to ensure financial compliance, stability and growth;
Develop and implement internal control policies and procedures for budget administration, cash and credit management and accounting;
Prepare and direct preparation of all financial statements, reports, annual budgets and reports for donors and regulatory agencies;
Prepare and facilitate the annual audit.
· A seasoned professional with a minimum of 10 years experience in financial management including grants management in the not for profit sector;
· Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and coordination of people and resources;
· Critical thinking and systems evaluation skills;
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written);
· A strong service orientation toward colleagues;
· Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
· Experience with U.S. and/or European government donor agencies and their grants management, reporting and audit requirements;
· Experience in working interactively with field offices and affiliates;
· A CPA and a graduate degree in business, finance, accounting or other field related to the work of this position;
· Fluency in English is required; French and Spanish language skills are highly desirable;
· Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and MIP.
· US citizenship or authorization to work in the US is required.
Benefits and Salary
Global Rights offers a generous benefits package which includes health and retirement plans, and up to five weeks paid vacation per year. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please send resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the required Skills/Experience of the position by email to Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Finance-DC” in subject line of your email.
Closing Date of Application: January 22, 2010
Thank you for reviewing this position and hope that if this does not match your area of expertise, you will forward to others who may be a good match.
International Link Recruitment Services
Sudbury, Vermont, USA
Note: If you wish to unsubscribe and opt out of future mailings related to finding international experts, please forward this email to email@example.com and add “Remove” in the subject line.