I did send out a notice about this position a few weeks ago and did get many responses-- applicants are still being reviewed by my client. However, my client had decided to tighten up the position description and extend the deadline... The project will be very focussed on legal reform/implementation of commercial laws and regulations and they would like to see more applicants that have this special set of experience. Please be sure that, before applying , that your resume clearly shows you have regulatory/legal reform experience and Business Enabling (BEE) experience.
Position Title: Chief of Party (COP) of Business Enabling Environment Project
Location: Southeastern Europe
Start date and length of Contract: expected start is March 2010, for minimum of an 18 month commitment.
Booz Allen Hamilton is currently pursuing a USAID funded program to improve the business enabling environment in southeastern Europe. The program aims to reform the commercial legal and regulatory framework that will facilitate economic growth, improve business climate, attract foreign investment and facilitate trade. The project will also focus in improving monetary and tax policies that affect business growth. The project will be for duration of three to four years.
· The COP will manage a large scale project focused on improving business enabling environment, including reform and implementation of commercial laws and regulations, fostering economic growth and facilitating trade.
· Lead technical aspects of such project and be responsible for developing and implementing technical assistance/consulting services for in-country partners.
· Manage teams of consultants in the implementation of capacity building projects.
To be considered the candidates must meet or exceed the following qualifications:
· An advanced degree in law, economics, business or related field;
· Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in legal regulatory sector as it pertains to setting up Business Enabling E vironment and Trade,
· inimum 10 years of relevant work experience in a in an international development environment; experience must be in multiple countries.
· Experience in South-eastern Europe;
· Several years of experience and strong ability in leading similar scale projects in some or all of these is a must: legal regulatory and institutional reforms, and trade facilitation;
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and simultaneously work successfully with multiple stakeholders;
· Minimum of 3 years experience in leadership, project management on international development projects to enhance business growth, marketing or Economic Development;
· Ability to lead a diverse multicultural team in project management and inspire teamwork;
· Minimum of 3 yrs experience with USAID and US Government-funded projects. Full understanding of USAID regulations, administration requirements, reporting and compliance procedures
How to Apply: Please send resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the required Skills/Experience of the position by email to Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Chief of Party - SE Europe” in subject line of your email.
Closing Date for applications: November 24, 2009
Thank you for reviewing this position and hope that if this does not match your area of expertise, you will forward to others who may be a good match.
International Link Recruitment Services
Sudbury, Vermont, USA
Note: If you wish to unsubscribe and opt out of future mailings related to finding international experts, please forward this email to email@example.com and add “Remove” in the subject line.
International Link Recruitment Service
Sudbury, Vermont, USA